- Navigate to the profile of the person you’d like to connect with
- Click “Collaborate”
- Select a reason why are you getting in touch with them
- Scroll down to type a message
- Click “Send message” at the bottom of the form
Before sending a new Collaboration Request, make sure that the reason you are reaching out is in line with the other user’s Collaboration Preferences. Sending requests that don't match the other user's Collaboration Preferences is in violation of our Community Guidelines.
To access Requests:
- Click on the profile image icon in the top right
- Select “Requests”
- Select “Received”
- Click on the request sent to you
- You have a choice to decline or accept it
- Clicking “Not right now” ignores the request, the person is not notified you ignored it.
- Clicking “Interested” will open up direct messages where you can start collaborating with the person who contacted you.