A custom domain is a website address that you can purchase from a domain registrar and then connect to your Polywork space. Once you connect your custom domain, the domain will replace the Polywork URL of your space with your own domain URL.
- Log in to your Polywork account
- Click on the profile image icon at the right top of the screen
- Click "Profile Settings"
- Click “Domain”
- Scroll down
- Select your domain name provider that manages your DNS records from the drop-down
Note: If the provider is not on your list, select “Self”
- Enter your domain name into the field under step 2
- We’ll generate your custom DNS target
- Use your custom DNS target to your Polywork profile to your domain
If the custom domain isn't fully set up within 24 hours, we recycle the DNS Target/Heroku Value. So, in this case, you will need to delete any previously created records and regenerate a new DNS Target.
Regenerating a new DNS Target has a short workaround to make the text field under Step 2 editable again.
- Under Step 1, select any other domain provider
- Reselect your domain provider or reselect "My provider isn’t here but I know what I’m doing"
- While the text field under Step 2 may still appear greyed out, it should now be editable
- Re-type your domain address
- Click Save
- Confirm the DNS Target under Step 3 is new
- You will then need to go in and delete the record you created in the first attempt
- Follow the instructions in the general guide
After this is complete, it can take an hour or so to resolve. You may be issued a temporary SSL certificate before yours is finalized. This is totally normal. After a few hours check back to confirm it's either good to go or hasn't worked out.
For any additional issues, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org